Goat gouda melt
( SERVES 2 )
Simple but delicious. I used a hand cheese cutter that thinly slices the cheese into (approx.) five gram pieces. Creamy, delicate oyster mushrooms are becoming readily available from supermarkets.
- Trim the mushroom stalks if preferred. Sauté in the oil for about 1 minute, until limp. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
- Toss the baby spinach leaves in the balsamic dressing.
- Preheat a grill. Lightly toast the ciabatta on both sides.
- Place half the cheese on top and grill until just melted. Top with the spinach, mushrooms, tomato and remaining cheese. Grill until the cheese has melted.
- Serve as a light lunch with extra spinach salad on the side. Or serve as a snack.
See more of Jan's winning cheese recipes: