Kumara, lime and pistachio cheesecake
( SERVES 10 )
It’s impossible to stop at just one slice of this luscious cheesecake. I like to think of it as a delicious way to eat a generous amount of protein, fat and vegetable goodness in one go. This is best made the day before you eat it.
For the base
|230 g||Plain sweet biscuits, (just under a packet)|
|3 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Ground cardamom|
|1||Grated lime zest, from whole lime|
|100 g||Butter, melted|
For the filling
- Cook the kūmara first: either wrap loosely in foil and bake in a 200C oven for about 45 minutes, or cook in boiling water until soft. Allow to cool, then mash until smooth. Measure out 450g and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 170C. Put the biscuits, sugar, cardamom and lime zest into a food processor and blitz to fine crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and pulse to mix. Press the mixture into a line 24cm springform tin and leave in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Put all the filling ingredients, except the pistachio nuts, in the processor. Whiz until smooth. Pour over the prepared base and scatter the pistachios on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes until just set (slightly wobbly in the middle is ok). Remove the tin from the oven and leave to cool on a rack.
- When it’s completely cooled, wrap it loosely in a clean tea towel. Leave in the fridge until about 20 minutes before you’re ready to eat it.
- To serve, unmold carefully and cut into slices. Serve with whipped cream or Greek yoghurt.
See more of Lucy's Kumara recipes: