( MAKES 20 )
I usually have to hide the this gourmet granola in the cupboard as everyone just inhales it as snacks. You can turn it into a quick-smart dessert by layering it into a small parfait style glass with yoghurt and fresh fruit.
- Preheat oven to 150°C fanbake.
- Divide the rolled oats, coconut and nuts between 2 large roasting trays and mix to combine.
- Heat honey and apple juice in a small pot or microwave-proof bowl, stirring until honey is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in oil and vanilla. Divide between the 2 trays of dry ingredients, adding about a third at a time and mixing well between additions to coat evenly.
- Bake until crisp and golden (about 40-45 minutes), stirring regularly to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the cranberries, apricots and/or mangos, if using.
- Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container for up to a month.
See more of Annabel's breakfast of champions recipes: