Earl grey fruit salad topped with zabaglione
|4||Dilmah Earl Grey tea bags|
- Bring the water and honey to the boil then add the tea bags and steep for 4 minutes before removing and discarding the tea bags. Allow to cool.
- Cut the Feijoa and kiwi fruit and cut into slices. Remove the stems from the strawberries, cut half of them into halves and leave the remainder whole. Place the fruit into the chilled tea and marinate over night. The next day so as to avoid the banana going brown prior to serving, peel and slice the banana and add to the rest of the fruit.
- Prior to making the zabaglione, remove the fruit from the marinade and discard the marinade. Divide the fruit between serving bowls.
- Beat the whole egg & yolks in a bowl suitable to be used as a Bain Marie bowl until combined. Add sugar, pinch of salt and dessert wine, whisking constantly, until combined. Heat mixture over a saucepan of barely simmering water, whisking vigorously to incorporate air into mixture. Whisk until the mix is warm, tripled in volume, and dragging the whisk across it leaves a ribbon on the surface, 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately over the salad and crumble an amaretti biscuit over each salad.
See more of Simon's recipes using tea