Chicken and cashew nut curry
( SERVES 4 )
Ensure the spice mix paste is ground until it is very smooth.
|10||Garlic cloves, peeled|
|3 cm||Root ginger, peeled and grated|
|2 Tbsp||Coriander seeds|
|2 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|4||Dried red chillies|
|1 piece||Cinnamon stick, 5cm|
- In a large dry frying pan, roast the spice mix over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add 50g of the cashew nuts plus the onion and stir-fry for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Purée in a blender with the water, until very smooth.
- Grind 25g of the remaining cashew nuts in a mini blender to make a powder.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the spice mix purée and cook for 1 minute on low heat. Stir in the cashew nut powder and salt and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes, turning once. Add the coconut milk. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on low.
- Add the remaining cashew nuts and continue to cook until the chicken is tender.
See more of Jan's curry recipes: