Roasted cauliflower garlic soup
|2 bags||Taylor Farms Cauliflower Pearls|
|1 small||Onion, chopped|
|1 tsp||Fresh thyme|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ tsp||Salt, plus more to taste|
|3 cups||Almond milk, unsweetened|
|1 head||Roasted garlic, see note|
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Slice about ½ cm off the top of the garlic head (not the root end).
- Drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and sprinkle on a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Wrap the whole garlic head in foil and put in the oven.
- Add the cauliflower, onion, thyme, oil, salt and pepper to a sheet pan.
- Toss until everything is coated evenly.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until cauliflower is lightly golden and soft.
- Check the garlic at this point.
- You know it’s ready when you can easily stick a knife through the bulbs and garlic is soft. If garlic head is larger, it may take more time to cook
- Meanwhile make the parmesan croutons. Add the cubed bread to a small sheet pan, drizzle with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Toss to coat.
- Place in the oven for 6-8 minutes until golden brown. As soon as they come out of the oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and let cool.
- Add cooked cauliflower mixture to a blender.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic bulbs into the blender and add the almond milk.
- Leave space for the heat to escape and blend until smooth. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a pot and heat over low until ready to eat!
- Garnish with parmesan croutons, a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh cracked pepper.
*Roasted garlic can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*This recipe can also be blended in a large pot with an immersion blender.