Feijoa and chicken curry
( SERVES 4 )
Feijoas bring a sweet/sour character to this curry.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 large||Red capsicum, seeded and cubed|
|500 g||Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks|
|1 medium||Onion, thinly sliced|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|4||Feijoas, ripe, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Curry powder|
|1 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Stir-fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes then remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil and stir-fry the capsicum, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, until tender.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the feijoas and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper, if preferred.
- Stir the cornflour and brown sugar into the stock. Add to the chicken. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Serve with rice.
See more of Jan's autumn fruit recipes