Chicken noodle nanjing
( SERVES 2 )
Makes a scrummy lunch or light meal.
|2 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|½ tsp||Five spice powder|
|3 Tbsp||Olive oil, (or peanut oil)|
|1 tsp||Diced chilli|
- Combine the sauce ingredients and place aside.
- Place the garnishes in small bowls.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on medium. Add the chicken and stir-fry until coloured. Press any lumps out with a fork. Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, cooking wine and five-spice. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving a half cup of the cooking water. Combine the water with the sauce ingredients. Place in 2 serving bowls.
- Top with the noodles, chicken and garnishes.
See more of Jan's Asian recipes