Orecchiette with grilled cauliflower and red pepper flakes
- Heat a char grill or barbecue grill over high heat.
- Break the cauliflower into florets then slice florets into about 1cm slices. Place in a bowl, drizzle over 2 tablespoons of oil, season with salt and toss to coat the cauliflower in the oil.
- In batches, place the cauliflower on the hot grill and grill until dark grill lines appear, turning once. Test the cauliflower with the point of a sharp knife to see if cooked to your liking too.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Tip in the orecchiette and cook for about 15 minutes until al dente. Drain in a colander sitting over a heatproof jug so you reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Using the same pot, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add the orecchiette, grilled cauliflower, cheese and ½ cup of the reserved cooking liquid. Season.
- Toss to coat, adding more cooking liquid if needed to thin the sauce. Add the parsley and toss. Place in a large serving bowl and grate over some lemon zest using a fine grater.
See more of Kathy's simple dinner recipes