( SERVES 4 )
Choose a 20cm ceramic, porcelain or Pyrex ovenproof dish, so the frittata cooks evenly.
- Lightly peel the kumara then cut into about 2cm cubes. Cook in lightly salted water until tender. Drain well in a sieve and set aside to cool. Steam the sweet stem broccoli until bite-tender. Set aside to cool then cut into smaller pieces.
- Heat the oven to 175C. Grease a 20cm baking dish.
- Lightly whisk together the eggs, cream, herbs, 2 tablespoons of the parmesan and lemon zest. Season well with salt and freshly ground black or white pepper. Add the cooked kumara and sweet stem broccoli.
- Pour into the prepared dish, then pop in the cherry tomatoes gently pushing them a little way into the egg mixture. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the top. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until golden and the egg is just set.
- Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
- Jazz up by serving with a store-bought pesto.
See more of Kathy's simple dinner recipes