Banana rum fruit loaf
Gluten-free and dairy-free. No added sugar.
|250 g||Pitted dates|
|200 ml||Boiling water|
|2 medium||Bananas, (150g)|
|⅔ cup||Chopped walnuts, (85g)|
|1⅓ cups||Sultanas, (200g)|
|1⅓ cups||Craisins, (200g)|
|⅔ cup||Fine polenta, (100g)|
|2 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|3 Tbsp||Dark rum|
|2||egg, beaten until fluffy|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 24cm x 14cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Place the dates in a saucepan and add the boiling water. Simmer gently until softened, about 4 minutes. Cool a little then place the dates and liquid in a food processor. Add the bananas. Mix until smooth.
- Combine the walnuts, sultanas, craisins, polenta, cinnamon and baking powder in a large bowl. Add the banana combo together with the rum. Stir in the eggs until well mixed.
- Pour into the loaf pan. Top with the walnut halves and banana chips. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool. Wrap in foil and store for 1 day before slicing.
See more of Jan's tasty trendy recipes