( SERVES 6 )
A twist on Tiramisu. I used a coffee and oatmeal stout but any dark beer would work. Delicious! Great served topped with blueberries or other seasonal fruit.
- Combine the mascarpone and sugar in a bowl and stir to dissolve. Whip the cream until stiff. Fold into the mascarpone.
- Cut the sponge cake into fingers or cubes.
- Pour the stout into a shallow bowl. Dip the sponge into the beer, coating all sides.
- Divide evenly between six serving dishes or glasses, pressing lightly onto the base. Top with the mascarpone. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Dust with the cocoa powder. Serve berries on top or on the side.
See more of Jan's beer essentials