Summer seafood stew
( SERVES 6 )
Serve with sourdough toast.
|500 g||Assorted seafood, (eg; Fish fillets, prawns, clams, mussels, calamari, crayfish)|
|60 ml||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1||Onion, finely sliced|
|2 stalks||Celery, finely sliced|
|1 block||Fennel bulb, finely sliced|
|2||Carrots, finely diced|
|1 tsp||Coriander seeds|
|1 tsp||Fennel seeds|
|1 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|500 ml||Fish stock|
|10 large||Tomatoes, diced|
|6 servings||Italian parsley, roughly chopped|
- Prepare the seafood and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, celery, garlic, fennel, carrots, fennel and coriander seeds till the vegetables are soft but not coloured.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 4 minutes
- Next, add the fish stock and the tomatoes, cook until reduced by a third
- Then add the seafood cook five minutes or until the seafood is cooked through
- Pile the stew into a serving dish, sprinkle with Italian parsley and serve with hot sourdough toast.
See more of Simon's summer treats