Salmon tray bake
( SERVES 4 )
- Heat the oven to 200C. Line a shallow roasting tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the potatoes on the tray and drizzle over the oil. Season with sea salt to taste. Toss to coat potatoes in the oil. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until more or less tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan over low heat. Add the celery, shallots and tarragon. Cook gently without colouring until the vegetables are tender. Add the wine and cook until the wine evaporates. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Add the salmon fillets to the tray, nudging the potatoes aside to make room. Divide the vegetable mixture into 4 portions and place a portion on each fillet of salmon. Return to the oven and roast for a further 10-12 minutes until the salmon is just cooked. Remember salmon continues to cook a little after removing from the oven. Scatter over extra herbs before serving.
- Serve with a green salad.
Tip - you could use chopped dill or parsley.
See more of Kathy's simple recipes