( MAKES 10 )
Serve plain or filled with crisp lettuce and sliced tomatoes or canned pineapple.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C. Lightly grease an oven tray or line with baking paper.
- Place the flour and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper and process until well mixed. Add the cheese, whole olives and tomatoes. Pulse a few times. The cheese, olive and tomatoes should still be a little chunky.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add a 1/2 cup of milk and the parsley. Using a bread-and-butter knife, cut the milk into the mixture, being very careful not to over mix. Add just enough of the remaining milk to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured bench. Gently pat into a square, about 3cm thick. Cut into squares, brush the tops with milk and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
See more of Jan's lunch munch recipes