Courgette, cheese and cherry tomato pie
( SERVES 4 )
This is a scrumptious way to use an abundance of courgettes, and it is very lunchbox friendly. Serves 4 with extra slices for packed lunches. This recipe forms part of the January 28 meal planner created in partnership with New World.
Complement lunchbox baking with some tasty, easy choices from the New World deli – like shredded chicken, fresh salads, cold cuts and delicious antipasto. They’ve even got ready-to-cook gourmet pizzas - keep a slice from tonight’s dinner for tomorrow’s lunch.
|½ cup||Olive oil|
|7||Courgettes, thinly sliced (use a mandolin or potato peeler)|
|⅓ cup||Chopped chives|
|¼ cup||Chopped dill|
|200 g||Goat's cheese, crumbled|
|1½ cups||Grated parmesan cheese|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|12||Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (use a few more if desired)|
|3 cups||Salad greens, to serve|
- Heat oven to 180C. Line a 21cm x 21cm square cake tin with baking paper and butter the paper.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in olive oil. Mix in courgette, chives, dill, mint and cheeses.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Spread in to the prepared cake pan and gently push halved cherry tomatoes, cut side up, in to the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until set in the middle – the top will be springy when gently pushed.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing from the tin - the greased baking paper should allow you to remove the pie from the tin easily. Slice to serve warm or at room temperature with salad greens.