Vodka chocolate French toast with mascarpone
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
Does this just not sound incredible and decadant, trust me it is, and if you can’t treat your family and yourself on Christmas day then I just don’t know when you can!
- Place 6 slices of bread on a clean bench.
- Sprinkle over the chopped chocolate evenly and top with another slice of bread.
- Squash the bread together slightly to sandwich.
- In a large shallow bowl combine the vodka, cinnamon, cocoa, eggs and cream, whisk to combine well.
- Take a large pan and melt a third of the butter.
- Using tongs, take one sandwich at a time, dip it into the vodka, egg mix and fry in the butter. I like to cook two at a time so as not to overcrowd the pan. Flip the sandwich and brown the other side.
- When both sides are golden set asisde and keep warm whilst you cook the remaining sandwiches.
- Serve with mascarpone and berries.
See another Christmas brunch recipe by Simon Gault