Sesame Crusted Tuna
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
I tasted Orange Balsamic Vinegar in Italy and oh my if you can get some, seriously one teaspoon transforms this dish but if you can’t find any of the vinegar, use the cucumber marinating liquid in it’s place.
- In a small pot bring the water and cider vinegar to the boil, remove from the heat add the honey and orange zest and set aside to cool.
- Using a potato peeler slice thin strips of cucmber (avoiding the seeds), place in a bowl and pour over the honey cider vinegar, cover and refridgerate preperably overnight.
- To prepare the tuna combine the sesame seeds in a small tray, roll the log of tuna in the seeds to coat.
- Take a heavy fry pan and heat the olive oil, sear the tuna on all sides, remove and wrap tightly in cling film.
- Thinly slice the melon like proscuitto and the boccconcini balls into four.
- Carefully slice the tuna as thin as you can.
- Take four plates, lay the melon down first, tuck pieces of tuna into the melon, then place the bocconcini on top.
- Drain the cucumber (reserve the liquid), take the slices and roll into tubes then place on the plate next.
- Drizzle over a few drops of the orange balsamic on each plate (or the marinating liquid).