Asparagus and rocket crepes
( MAKES 30 pieces )
Photo by Babiche Martens
These crepes are fresh and tasty, perfect as a drinks party canape. A little peppery rocket adds a nice bite, along with creamy cheese and asparagus. You can’t eat asparagus without a bit of lemon, so I’ve added some to the filling.
For the crepes
For the filling
- Firstly make the crepes. Into a large bowl place the flour, egg, salt and milk. Whisk to a smooth batter. Stir through the chives.
- Heat a little butter in a frying pan. Pour in a quarter of a cup of mixture, swirl around the pan to create a thin crepe. Cook until the side just lifts away, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Continue with the remainder of the mixture.
- For the filling, into a kitchen processor place the cream cheese, capers, lemon zest and juice, whizzing until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- To put together, lay the crepe on a clean bench. Spread with the cream cheese mixture, sprinkle over some leaves and lay two or three pieces of asparagus down. Roll tightly. Cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, slice and place on a platter.
More of Angela's drinks party nibbles