Pan-fried fish with potatoes, chervil butter and asparagus
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Test with the point of a small sharp knife, the knife should slip easily into the potato. Drain and toss in 25g butter.
- Meanwhile, heat a char grill until hot.
- Melt 25g butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the gurnard fillets and cook for 2 minutes on each side. This will depend on the thickness of your fillets, so use cooking time as a guide. Season the fish.
- Rub the asparagus spears with a dash of olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place on the hot grill and grill for 2-3 minutes for thin spears, turning until grill lines appear. You can steam the asparagus if you prefer.
- Divide the fish fillets, potatoes and asparagus between four 4 warmed plates and sprinkle with chervil leaves.