Cauliflower breakfast muffin slice
( MAKES 1 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a 20x30cm baking pan with baking paper.
- Saute the onion, garlic and chorizo until soft, 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the Moroccan seasoning and cayenne. Set aside.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and blitz till it’s coarse like rice, squeeze excess water from cauliflower.
- Separately whisk the eggs together then add the cheese.
- Combine all the ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out on to a flat surface.
- Cut into circles (squares or triangles) with an appropriate-sized cutter. Reheat prior to serving in a lightly oiled pan.
Try turning these muffins into Simon's eggs Benedict on cauliflower muffins with chipotle hollandaise