Asparagus, roasted garlic and eggs
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Eggs and beautifully cooked asparagus are a match made in heaven. Crush roasted garlic over the top with wilted spinach and feta on your favourite chunky toast. Say no more.
- Preheat an oven to 170C.
- Place the garlic cloves and olive oil in a small ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with salt and place in the oven for 25 minutes or until the garlic is soft and squishy.
- Cook the asparagus in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Poach the eggs in water with a dash of white vinegar.
- Wilt the spinach in a pot or in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Pile toast with the spinach, eggs, asparagus, a crumble of feta and garlic. Sprinkle over parsley.
- Enjoy with a strong hot coffee.
More of Angela's asparagus recipes