Sausages with warm lentil salad
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Tam West
The lentils, carrots and potatoes can be cooked in advance and reheated in the microwave when needed.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the lentils and boil gently for 20 minutes or until the lentils are completely tender. Drain well and place in a warm serving bowl. Add 4 Tbsp of the oil and mix well.
- Meanwhile drop the carrots and potatoes into another saucepan of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well and add to the lentils.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat and add the sausages. Fry until cooked through and browned.
- Add the onion, celery, parsley, tomatoes, garlic and vinegar to the lentil mixture. Mix well, taste and season. This is the salad.
- Serve the sausages on the salad.
More of Ray's light recipes