( MAKES 1 large or 2 medium tarts )
Photo by Annabel Langbein media
My mother made this savoury tart often, and it’s still the best I’ve tasted. This recipe makes one large tart that feeds 10-12 or two medium tarts so you can freeze one for later.
- Preheat oven to 180C fanbake and grease one 30cm diameter deep-sided flan tin or two 25cm diameter shallow flan tins.
- Roll out pastry thinly until it is large enough to press into the base and sides of the dish(es). Cover with baking paper, weight with baking beans or rice and bake until lightly golden (about 12-15 minutes).
- While the pastry cooks, prepare the filling by whizzing eggs, cream cheese and cream or milk in a food processor until blended.
- Add all remaining ingredients and whizz until the mixture forms a smooth, green puree. Remove pastry shell(s) from oven and lift off baking paper and baking beans, cooling and reserving for later reuse.
- Pour filling mixture into pastry shell(s) and bake for about 30 minutes until filling is almost set and lightly golden. Serve warm or hot.
More of Annabel's pies