Grilled lamb cutlets with spinach and cheese
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line a shallow roasting dish with baking paper.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. In batches, add the spinach with the water that is still clinging to its leaves and cook until the leaves wilt. Transfer to a plate as you go. Season spinach with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Form spinach into mounds and slip a piece of the cheese into each one, placing in the roasting dish as you go. Drizzle the melted butter over each spinach mound. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Rub the lamb cutlets with a little oil, season and place in the hot pan. Pan-fry for 4-5 minutes turning once.
- You could make a pan sauce after pan-frying cutlets, by reducing ½ cup red wine and 1 cup jellied stock until syrupy. Baked jacket potatoes would be good here too.