Baby gem chef snacks
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
We’ve just put these on the menu at Giraffe and I have to say I think they are a winner.
|1||Baby Gem lettuce|
|50 ml||Caesar salad dressing, see recipe below|
|50 g||Softened butter|
|2 rashers||Streaky bacon, cooked and finely chopped|
For the caesar salad dressing
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- For the Caesar dressing, place yolk, anchovies, garlic, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and parmesan in a food processor and blend until combined.
- While blending, slowly add the combined oils in a thin, steady stream until all incorporated.
- Combine 50ml of the Caesar dressing with 50g of softened butter, set aside.
- Cut the Baby Gem lettuce in half, with a pastry brush generously coat the baby gem with the Caesar butter and top with the chopped bacon.
- Place on a baking tray in the oven to heat through.
More of Simon's Mother's Day recipes