Feijoa stuffed chicken thighs with a feijoa, chilli and lime salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
My dad always loved to stuff different ingredients under the skin of a chicken. One of my favourite combos of his was super finely sliced garlic and sage leaves, it was outstanding. Dad is my inspiration for this dish and, of course, I have to mix it up a bit — this time with feijoa, onion and chilli.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- For the chicken, finely slice the feijoa, onion and chilli.
- Gently tease the chicken skin off the flesh and then layer the feijoa, onion and chilli under the skin.
- Drizzle over the olive oil, season with flake salt and bake for 20 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Finely slice the onion and soak in the juice of 1 lime. Peel and chop the feijoa into cubes. Finely slice the chilli.
- Combine the feijoa, onion, chilli and herbs in a bowl. Squeeze over the juice of the remaining lime and season with flaked salt to taste.
Serve this with Simon's borlotti and potato puree
Also see his feijoa superfood smoothie