Pumpkin and kumara salad
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Andrew Montgomery
A recipe from The Great Dixter Cookbook by Aaron Bertelsen.
|500 g||Pumpkin flesh, chopped (choose a firm, sweet variety)|
|500 g||Kumara, chopped|
|1 drizzle||Olive oil|
For the dressing
|1 small handful||Coriander|
|1 small handful||Mint|
|2||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|1 tsp||Fresh ginger, peeled and grated|
|1 Tbsp||Runny honey|
|5 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Lemon, grated zest and juice|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the pumpkin and kumara into separate bowls. Toss with some olive oil and salt and pepper. Transfer the kumara to a roasting tray and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, adding the pumpkin for the last 20 minutes. Turn occasionally and cook until golden and tender.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients except the lemon zest into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add half the dressing to the warm vegetables and toss. Let cool.
- Just before serving, add the remaining dressing to the vegetables and sprinkle with the spring onions, flat-leaf parsley and lemon zest.
More of Aaron Bertelsen's recipes