French chicken breasts with cherry tomatoes
( SERVES 2 )
Photo by Annabel Langbein media
This fabulous recipe from my new book, Essential, makes such an easy impressive no-fuss dinner for two. Browning the chicken breasts in a pan to add flavour and then finishing them off in a low-temperature oven ensures they stay tender and juicy. Partner with baby new potatoes and a mixed green salad.
- Preheat oven to 150C fanbake.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter in an ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. When butter starts to turn brown add chicken, skin-side down, and cook for 4 minutes until golden brown. Turn to brown other side for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, stock and vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a skewer in the thickest part (about 20-30 minutes, depending on size of chicken). Transfer chicken to two warm serving plates to rest.
- Taste cooking juices in frying pan and adjust seasonings. Mix in most of the herbs, reserving some for the garnish.
- Return pan to stovetop and simmer for 5 minutes, adding remaining butter at the end and whisking until glossy.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with remaining herbs to serve.
More of Annabel's recipes for two