Tiger prawns with an olive salsa and NZ's No.1 cheese
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
These prawns make a special starter. At Giraffe we use Mercer Cheese’s 2017 award-winning “Fifty Fifty” cheese, made from half sheep’s milk and half cow’s milk — hence the name. Find the biggest tiger prawns possible for this dish.
- Set oven to 200C fan grill or heat up your barbecue. Butterfly the prawns and put on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Finely chop the olives, garlic and chilli. To the olive mix add the lemon juice and zest and olive oil and mix to combine.
- Spoon the olive mix on the prawns and top with the grated cheese.
- Place the tray under the grill and cook till the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Alternatively place the prawns shell down on the barbecue and cook till the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with a sprinkling of parsley over top of the prawn and a lemon wedge.
Follow your prawn starter with Simon's perfect steak with Moroccan mushrooms