Roasted buttercup, cannellini and sun-dried tomato hummus
( MAKES 2 CUPS )
Here’s an alternative to the ubiquitous chickpea hummus - a colourful and moreish version that will also use up any leftover roast buttercup pumpkin. If you’re not keen on sun-dried tomatoes, try making this with the same amount of de-stoned kalamata olives.
- Heat the oven to 200C. Put the pumpkin on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with a tablespoon of the oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pumpkin is golden brown and cooked through.
- Let cool for five minutes, then tip into a food processor.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and whiz until smooth. Add a splash (2-3 Tbsp) boiling water and whiz again (add more boiling water if the mixture seems very firm).
- Taste for seasoning, then scrape into a bowl. Serve with crackers, raw vegetables or use as a sandwich filling. Store in a covered container in the fridge for up to a week.
See more of Lucy's vegan buttercup recipes