Spinach and feta mini bread cases
( MAKES 36 )
For the mini bread cases
For the filling
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Lightly oil three 12-hole mini muffin pans or similar.
- Trim the crusts from the bread. Cut each slice into quarters, about 5cm squares. Lightly oil the tops then press — oil-side up — into the holes. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden and crisp. These can be prepared ahead and stored in an airtight container.
- To make the filling, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Sauté the shallot, until softened. Add the garlic then the spinach leaves. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is limp.
- Place in a food processor. Add the other ingredients, season with salt andf pepper to taste and pulse until well combined.
- Chill, if required, for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Spoon the filling into the mini bread cases. Bake for 15 minutes or until the mixture is just set. Serve immediately.
More party food from Jan