Spiced salmon with citrus yoghurt
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
For the spice mix
|1||Garlic clove, crushed|
|1 Tbsp||Thyme leaves|
|1 Tbsp||Rosemary, chopped leaves|
|½ Tbsp||Dried oregano|
|½ Tbsp||Cumin seeds|
|½ tsp||Flaky sea salt|
For the salmon and greens
- Combine all the spice mix ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Coat the salmon flesh in spice mix.
- Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place in the salmon fillets, skin side down, and pan-fry for 2-3 minutes. Turn salmon and pan-fry for another 2 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt and orange and lime zest.
- Serve salmon with the citrus yoghurt, lime wedges and a salad of sliced avocado, watercress, shredded apple and a little fresh dill. Very thinly sliced fennel bulb is great too.