Roast lamb with three-veg twist
( SERVES 2 )
The vegetables form the dips for these roast lamb cutlets.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Lightly brush an oven tray with oil.
- Trim the rack of fat if necessary. Score if preferred then rub with the paprika. Season.
- Roast fat-side down for 5 minutes. Turn over and roast for 10 minutes. Remove, tent with foil and stand for 5 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, microwave the peas and mint with 2-3 tablespoons of water, until cooked. Purée using a hand-held blender. Season.
- Chop the beetroot then blend, until smooth. Stir in the sour cream. Season.
- Mash the avocado adding the lemon juice. Season.
- Divide the vegetables between 6 small dishes. Carve the lamb and place on two serving plates or boards. Place a dish of each of the dips beside the lamb. The dip can also be spread on the lamb before enjoying.
More Kiwi recipes from Jan