Easy plum cobbler
( SERVES 6 )
I used Purple Majesty plums that have dark purple skin and a yellow, tangy flesh.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place the plums, half the sugar and the lemon juice in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the cinnamon.
- Pour the melted butter into a 27cm x 21cm baking dish.
- Combine the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Whisk in the milk until just combined. Pour onto the butter. Do not mix.
- Spoon the plums and most of the juice on top. Do not mix.
- Place in a roasting pan to catch the drips and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden and cooked through. Great served warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.
More fruity baking from Jan