Prawn and pineapple salad
( SERVES 4 )
In Thailand this salad is made with lots of tender lemongrass. It is hard to get fresh young lemongrass in New Zealand, so use the tender inside of the lower stalks.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the prawns. Bring back to the boil and boil gently for 2 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from the heat, drain and cool.
- Put the ginger, chilli, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, lemongrass and onion into a bowl, mix well so the sugar dissolves. Reserve. This is the dressing.
- Put the lollo rosso onto a serving platter.
- Put the pineapple, prawns and garlic chives on top and spoon the dressing evenly over them.
- Sprinkle the coriander, dill and fried shallots over everything and serve.
More Thai-inspired recipes from Ray