Roast pork glazed with maple syrup
( SERVES 10 )
Ask your butcher to finely score the skin of the boned rolled shoulder.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Combine the salt, pepper, oil and maple syrup and brush over the meat.
- Place the herbs evenly in a roasting pan to make a bed for the pork. Add the wine. Place the pork on top.
- Bake for 3 1/2-4 hours or until cooked and the internal temperature is 71-76°C. Baste occasionally with the maple syrup mixture.
- Great served with apple purée seasoned with ground cinnamon and cloves, and a variety of mustards.
More roast meat recipes from Jan