Pick-me-up soba noodle salad
( SERVES 4 )
|3 Tbsp||Sunflower oil|
|250 g||Soba noodles|
|2||Carrots, peeled and julienned|
|1||Red onion, peeled and finely sliced|
|3||Spring onions, sliced on the bias|
|1 handful||Spinach, roughly sliced|
|500 g||Boneless salmon fillets, diced|
|¼||Rock melon, diced|
|3 Tbsp||Light soy sauce|
|¼ cup||Sweet chilli sauce|
|¼ cup||Sesame seeds, toasted|
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add in the soba noodles and cook for approx seven to eight minutes.
- Drain through a colander, fill the saucepan with fresh cold water, place in the noodles and flush with running water until noodles are cool. Drain well.
- Heat a wok, add the sunflower oil then add in the carrot, red onion, spring onion and stir-fry.
- Add the salmon and spinach, briefly toss, add the soba noodles and toss again.
- Add in the melon, rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, orange juice and half the sesame seeds and toss together.
- Place into bowls, scatter over the remaining sesame seeds.