Salt and pepper squid
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Michael Craig
This popular bar snack is pretty simple to make at home, plus you can add as much or as little salt and pepper as you like.
|2||Squid, beak removed and cleaned|
|1 bottle||Oil, for deep frying|
- Slice the squid into strips and cut the tentacles in half. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Put the flour, pepper, paprika and salt in a container with a lid. Put the lid on and shake.
- Add the squid to the container and shake to coat thoroughly.
- In a pot heat oil to 180C. Shake the excess flour off the squid and deep fry for 45 seconds-1 minute.
- Drain the squid on paper towels.
- Mix together the ingredients for the dipping sauce and serve it with the squid.
More rugby snacks from Karena and Kasey