Ginger nutmeg melting moments
( MAKES 12-16 biscuits )
This recipe comes from Peter Gordon's cookbook, Everyday.
- Heat oven to 170C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the butter and sugar in a food processor and blitz for 20 seconds until fluffy, scraping down the sides a few times.
- Sift the flours, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and add to the creamed butter, then pulse to form a dough, being careful not to overwork.
- Tip on to a board and gently mix in the grated ginger.
- Take walnut-sized pieces of dough and roll into balls. Place 6cm apart on the tray and press down with a fork dusted in flour (or use your thumb). Sit a slice of ginger on top and gently press it in.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The biscuits should be golden and not coloured too much.
- Take from the oven and leave to cool a few minutes before sitting on a cake rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight jar.