Courgette frittata with pumpkin crust
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
A traditional Italian frittata is cooked slowly on both sides. To create a similar version, line a pan with roasted pumpkin and fill with garlic flavoured courgettes, spinach and feta. Pour over the lightly whipped eggs, sprinkle with cheese and bake. This frittata makes for a tasty meal served warm or at room temperature with a side salad.
- Line a 20cm ovenproof frying pan or pie dish with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180C.
- On to a flat baking dish, place the pumpkin and drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake for 30 minutes until softened. Season with salt.
- Place the courgette and crush garlic on to another tray, drizzle with a little oil and bake for 10 minutes to soften.
- Line the frying pan with the pumpkin, leaving a little sticking up. Layer in the courgettes, sprinkling the feta and spinach as you go.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, nutmeg, milk, salt, pepper and parsley together. Pour over the courgettes, sprinkle with cheese then place into the oven for 40 minutes or until set.