Cheesy and easy cannelloni
This "busy weeknight" cannelloni will have them licking their lips and asking for seconds. Tatua have done the time-consuming part - making the cheese sauce. All you need to do is get the frying pan on, mix a few things together and spoon your deliciously cheesy mix into cannelloni tubes. Serve with a simple lettuce salad.
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|400 g||Boneless chicken thighs, skinned and chopped|
|250 g||Mushrooms, chopped|
|2 tsp||Thyme leaves|
|120 g||Baby spinach|
|2 packets||Tatua cheese sauce, 200g each|
|12||Cannelloni tubes, depending on size|
|100 g||Mozzarella cheese, sliced|
|1 handful||Grated parmesan cheese, to serve|
|1 sprinkle||Chopped parsley, to serve|
- heat the oven to 180C. Fry the onion in butter and oil over a medium-low heat until soft.
- Turn up the heat and add chicken, stir-frying until browned, then add the mushrooms and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the thyme, spinach leaves and 1 packet of Tatua cheese sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a small amount of the mixture on the bottom of a baking dish and use the rest of the mixture to fill the cannelloni tubes, placing them into the dish. Spoon any extra mixture in and around the tubes to help keep them moist.
- Pour another packet of Tatua cheese sauce on top of the cannelloni tubes, spreading it evenly, and top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and bubbling and cannelloni is cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan and parsley.