Pan-fried whitebait with courgettes and lemon
( SERVES 4 )
- Trim the courgettes then slice lengthwise as thinly as possible. Toss in olive oil and lemon juice.
- Heat a pan and cook the courgettes for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, season then set aside.
- Wipe out the pan, add the butter and when it begins to foam, toss in the whitebait.
- Cook while gently stirring for no more than one minute. Remove with a fish slice.
- Serve on the courgettes. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, pepper and a lemon wedge.