Creme fraiche panna cotta
( SERVES 8 )
A favourite from The Bowery Boys.
- Place the water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatine on top to soften for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the crème fraîche, cream, buttermilk and raw sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat just before the mixture reaches a simmer.
- Immediately stir in the softened gelatine and vanilla bean paste or essence, whisking until the gelatin dissolves. Strain the crème fraîche mixture through a fine sieve into a large measuring jug.
- Pour into eight, ¾ cup jars, ramekins, bowls or glasses. Cover and chill until firm, about 3-4 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, combine the fruit and herbs in a bowl and add sugar to taste. Top each panna cotta with a spoonful of the fruit mixture. Serve extra fruit on the side, if desired.
See more of Jan's Newcastle recipes