( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Kieran Scott
Solar soup will help your 5+ a day.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and gently fry onion until soft (count up to 120 seconds).
- Add carrot, sugar, water, canned tomatoes, salt, pepper and celery salt. Simmer with lid on for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pour cooled mixture into a blender then blitz until mixture is smooth. Pour back into saucepan.
- When ready to eat, reheat and add the cooked pasta.
Check out more recipes for kids