Haloumi breakfast salad
( SERVES 2 )
For the roasted cherry tomatoes and salad
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|2 Tbsp||Pumpkin seeds|
|2 Tbsp||Almonds, chopped|
|1 cup||Quinoa, cooked|
|1 handful||Rocket, or baby spinach|
|1||Lemon, cut into wedges|
For the basil dressing
For the haloumi
- For the roasted cherry tomatoes, place the cherry tomatoes, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small dish, and roast in a hot oven for about 25 minutes, while you're preparing everything else.
- To make the basil dressing, place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk well with a fork or whisk.
- For the haloumi, slice it into about 6 thick slices. Dust with flour, then press in the sesame seeds to one side of each piece. Heat the oil in a cast-iron frying pan to a medium-high heat. Cook the haloumi on each side until golden. Serve immediately on the salad.
- In a frying pan, heat the pumpkin seeds and almonds until golden.
- In a mixing bowl, add the quinoa, rocket or spinach and the almonds and pumpkin seeds. Add the basil dressing and mix gently.
- Evenly distribute the salad mixture onto each plate. Spoon over the cherry tomatoes, then lay slices of haloumi on top.
- Add the avocado slices to the plate, and serve immediately with the lemon wedges. Add a soft boiled egg if you wish.