Tomato salad with herbed olive oil dressing
( SERVES 4 )
A medley of "black", golden and red tomatoes in a herby olive oil dressing. The dressing is also excellent drizzled over hot or cold potatoes.
Herbed olive oil dressing
|2 Tbsp||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh mint, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh basil, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|6 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil, I used the Alfa One Frantoio variety|
- Drain and mash anchovies. Combine with remaining dressing ingredients and season with flaky sea salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Sprinkle sliced cucumbers with salt and stand for 30 minutes. Rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Halve tomatoes and place in a shallow bowl with cucumber. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Spoon half the dressing over tomatoes. Mix around to coat well.
- Add remaining dressing just before serving.