( SERVES 4 )
Capsicums can be eaten raw as they add a delicious crunch and flavour to salads. Or, they can be cooked in a variety of ways including stir fried, or roasted, or in this case stuffed.
Capsicum & stuffing mix
|4||Capsicums, topped and seeded|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Brown rice, uncooked|
|2||Courgettes, finely chopped|
|2||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|5 Tbsp||Walnuts, roughly chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Parsley, chopped|
|1||Lemon, zest of|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Cook and cool rice. Mix rice, stuffing ingredients, and 1 tablespoon of oil in a bowl.
- Combine all the breadcrumb mixture ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. Coat the outside of capsicum shells with the rest of the olive oil.
- Spoon stuffing mixture evenly into your shells. Place your capsicums into a lined baking tray covered with foil and cook for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Top each capsicum with ¼ of the breadcrumb mixture. Place back into oven for another 5 minutes to brown the tops.