Chicken breast and quinoa salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot and add the quinoa, bay leaves, and salt. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the hot chicken stock and boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn heat to low, add lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes until stock has evaporated.
- Remove from heat, cover the pot with a tea towel and rest for 15 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork, add the extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest and juice, black pepper as well as vegetables and herbs.
- Slice the breasts from a cooked chicken, and serve with quinoa salad seasoned with a squeeze of lemon juice and salt.