Chilled roast tomato and chipotle soup
This soup can also be served hot.
|700 g||Tomatoes, ripe|
|1 to taste||Flaky sea salt|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 bunch||Spring onion, use 2 bunches if required|
|1 Tbsp||Cider vinegar|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2||Chipotle peppers, use a can of La Morena chipotles in adobo sauce, plus 1 Tbsp of the sauce|
|1 small handful||Tarragon leaves|
|½ cup||Tomato sauce, preferably home made|
|1 to serve||Lemon, juice and zest|
|1 pot||Creme fraiche, mixed with chopped tarragon, lemon zest and flaky sea salt to serve|
- Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Place in an oven dish and sprinkle with the garlic, flaky sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and olive oil.
- Roast in a hot oven until tender. Cover and leave to cool.
- Place the tomatoes and juices in to a bowl with spring onions, extra virgin olive oil, cider vinegar, chipotles plus the sauce, lemon juice, tarragon leaves and tomato sauce.
- Blitz all in food processor until smooth. Season to taste, and chill well.
- Spoon into bowls, and serve with creme fraiche mixed with chopped tarragon, lemon zest and flaky sea salt.